Dogs welcome ...
We are dog owners ourselves and don’t like to holiday without them, which is why we made the decision to offer good quality dog friendly accommodation along with our 2 acres of grass paddocks where your dog can enjoy a good run.
Well behaved dogs are very welcome at Church Farm by prior arrangement. We are participant's in the Visit England's Welcome Pets scheme and guarantee certain facilities if you are bringing your dog on holiday. We make an additional charge of £20 per week or short break for up to 2 dogs.
Each of our cottages are dog friendly and have been awarded a 4 Star Gold Visit England rating. To maintain this we provide quality furnishings amongst many other things and constantly strive to achieve very high standards of comfort and cleanliness for all our guests whether accompanied by their dog or not.
Essentially, we want you and your four legged friends to enjoy your holiday and to relax in our surroundings. We have put together a few basic guidelines (we don't like the word rules!) so that we can continue to welcome dogs in the future …..
- As your dog will be in unfamiliar surroundings please do not leave them unaccompanied in your cottage. If you require a dog sitter we have some local contacts, with prior notice. Useful if you want to enjoy a days sightseeing for example.
- Please do not allow your dog to go on any furniture and beds. We would prefer that dogs do not go into the bedrooms but if they settle better during the night near to you that is fine, but we must insist they do not sleep on any beds. We have learnt that paw prints do not always come out in the wash
- Please pick up after your dog in the garden and paddock areas
- We provide a dog cleaning area (with warm water!) and a plentiful supply of towels
- The courtyard garden is a secure area (for all but the very tiniest of dogs!) for both Foldyard Cottage and The Plovery where you can allow your dog a little supervised freedom, but please consider other guests who may also wish to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the garden. We would prefer you use our grass paddocks for exercise and ball games with your dog as well as the other essential necessities.
- As much as most dogs love water please do not allow your dog to go into the pond in the courtyard garden or our wildlife pond in the paddock. We are within a short drive of some fantastic beaches where they will be able to have a good splash around.
We have a supply of the following items if required ...
Water and food bowls
Identity Tag for use during your stay
Details of local vets, pet food suppliers, local dog friendly places to eat and tourist attractions are available in the information folder provided in each cottage
Foxy's Perfect Paw's ...
Foxy's Perfect Paw's is a local business run by Vicky Foxton, offering a dog sitting/dog walking service and is highly recommended by Church Farm Cottages. If you wish to spend a day in the city doing some serious sight seeing for example, you can be assured that your four legged friend will be in safe hands enjoying a fun day out in the country with Vicky. Please contact us or Vicky for further details.